CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

2011-02-28

In the FIGHT... once again.

Deployments is no stranger in my life. However, this time I am the one waiting behind while my husband is sent off to war. This is the first time I get to experience life on the other side of the rucksack. "Army wife" is a term I have not yet warmed up to. A couple of my husband's peers suggest that I joined in the unit's Family Readiness Group (FRG) but the secret dirty reputation of FRG has never struck a sweet chord with me. Most are known for their wives hosting gossip fests while competing over who gets the most affairs before the husband comes back from deployment. It's sad, really. And I will have no part of it.

I am just fortunate that its now my turn to support my husband during our second deployment experience. Our first one was when I was downrange and my husband supported me.

I miss him so much and now will be in the process of adopting a dog to help cope with the quietness of my husband's absence.

I can't wait for the year to be over.

0 comments: